02 February 2016

B&W Revenge


After being invited to a Kookaburra-calling-contest 
and playing th’ role to the best of limited ability, it’s 
quite clear the three birds involved had set me up; 
maybe Podge had uttered something they’d taken 
exception to, he’s snarked barking furiously under 
the tree they use for their conferences, while they 
are flying raucous circuits and jeering at me; okay 
I reply in th’ local parlance, like haw hey-hey haw 

That’s when they fly away & there’s a little giggle 
in the air as if, well - he’s not worth the effort, eh! 
So I’m left with the supposition they’d ‘set’ me up 
while Podge played the patsy - intriguing as it is I 
will stay neutral as long as th’ noise abates when 
the sun sets - after that it’s the B&W* revenge 
© 29 September 2015, I. D. Carswell

* Bowers & Wilkins loudspeakers

No comments:

Post a Comment