11 December 2005

Living Several Lies

Truth is a relationship’s enemy, damn it;
doesn’t take sides – will always out.
Where you are living several lies, and
here I theorise that this is true of most
folks in relations, there isn’t room to
make mistakes. And you will
make them.

Life’s a duality – even when you live alone
you are prone to the errors of your own
fiction – or you must indeed love yourself to
obsession. Your fear is then a bi-polarity
of feeling. Recently I learned to admit
I cannot make sense of a world where
I am wrong.

I can make even less sense of a world
where I am right. This is a shattering insight
which would change the lives of people
who care for people. And I discovered
that at the same time. From sublime to
ridiculous – I am not a self-contained isolate,
I need you even just to be me.
© I.D. Carswell 2007-01-23

No comments:

Post a Comment