11 February 2007

Where Are Your Heroes?

Where are your heroes now he asked,
where are the knights of truth to lead
us in the coming fight?

Remember when they rode their steeds
wickedly inspiring us, armour resplendent,
casting fear into the hearts of our enemies?

Remember? Yes, vaguely. I think they’ve taken
legal advice – some attorney said they were too
exposed to breaches of copyright, best keep

out of the Public eye. Their spin doctor reckoned
fringe interpretations gave them an unsavoury
Press, to stay out of the limelight unless they

could turn a bit of sympathy. My guess is they’ve
retired, taken their Government Pensions (on an
oath of non-disclosure) and are gagged for life.
© I.D. Carswell 2007

2 comments:

  1. Indeed,where are the heroes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from you and I who stood up to be counted - I really don't know. Perhaps they have real jobs at a checkout now! Regards, Ivan

    ReplyDelete