26 April 2007

What Kind Of Delinquent Thinking Is That

Let me make sure I’ve got this straight,
you’re a Brisbane ABC Radio talk show
host and the debate on recycled water
is a farce because, quote: You think we
all should have to drink recycled
water to make it socially equitable.

Wait a bit, who’s run out of water? Think
on it – we’ve never even mentioned it.
By God, then it’s you! And you pontificate
on a waterless State as if we all have to
share the blame for the shameful solo
debt of profligacy Brisbane alone incurred!

So the scheme to pipe 70 mega litres of
recycled water a day from here into the
city grid has you in fits – you think we
should have to drink it instead of you.
But we don’t need to! Don’t nearly use
the storage water we already have.

If you don’t want it we’ll let it run out to
sea – easy come easy go gal. Now let’s
see, I just flushed away two cups of tea,
the means to wash your BMW & refresh
the lawn. And when I empty the sink you’ve
lost your only chance of a shower today.

I understand you want access to our
water before we’ve used it? Really!
What kind of delinquent thinking is that?
© I.D. Carswell 2007-02-01

No comments:

Post a Comment