09 February 2005

On Line Again

In this case any confidence is too much:
I am assured by events past (or is it passed?)
and these graphic legends of linear progression
I can be 55% confident this sequential ‘Boot to
OS’ test will restore my PC’s operating system.

Something, it seems, is amiss, a glitch, a gremlin
in the warp and weft, a random theft of code
such that the start-up cannot step beyond an
anxious wait for floppy disk response; I dimly
recollect a similar state way back when but not
in common with this late great PC’s supposed
infallibility.

Thus I must attend this system test. A warning
placed beside the ‘run test’ button suggests
it might take 20 – 40 minutes if you please; it
doesn’t elaborate that means for each HDD
and I have three. I’ll be here for the duration,
it’s 6am – the day can wait.

I guess that if you ever see this verse in print
it will either be from satisfactory resolution, or,
worst case, a mind numbing search for another
solution. In any event the ‘Boot to OS’ test
completed it’s run and restoration at 4pm
– I’m on line again!
© 2007-02-24, I.D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment