03 June 2007

Indignation Of A Whole Generation






































I haven’t had that experience yet, but it
may be next in the catalogue of events
due to screw up my idyllic existence.

That is, as my much & sweet-loved
offspring say, I don’t give a toss; and
I paraphrase their cryptic view of me –

it means a lot to a man whose World
view (screw the current conventions,
it’s still capital letter worthy) is null and

voided. The last time someone seriously
shat on my purview I opted out. I saw more
of me in him than an overdose of his

second-hand intelligence – and he was
a Judge! Well, lost or found it wasn’t
my pound of flesh sliced. He dies of it,

I am wise to it. Where he goes to an early
senility I write the words which ignite
the indignation of a whole generation.
© 13 May 2007, I.D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment