06 June 2007

One And One Makes Three


Julie Bishop and Education
have become the shame of
our fair Nation – it’s too easily
likened to a lavatory left
adrift alone at sea without
a stock of toilet paper. Well,

she concedes, without batting
eyes of blue or nervous flick of
long blonde hair, who can read?
Why waste vast sums on wiping
bums of thick-head kids whose
mums and dads vote Labour

anyway. I’ll spend a tidy sum on
gaudy funds for future education,
endow some Universities and
run a scam to scare the goddamn
teachers into doing what I say.
I need a tacit nationally agreed

curriculum with learning’s much
improved beyond that which the
States all fail to teach our younger
ones these days. Teachers who can’t
reach a decent standard set by me
can bugger off – and so can kids

who’ve failed to show capacity to
learn the values which I say are
right and proper ones for all us
good Australians. And something
really close to me, they’ll learn
that one and one makes three.
© 22 May 2007, I.D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment