07 June 2007

The Phoenix Of My Imaginings

Am I insane? – the question
remains enigmatic, but that
I think of it has relevance
for sanity; I never claimed
to be free of the pain that
ameliorates visionary reality.

I create; it is a state of perpetual
being, not something that acts
at the turn of a switch or the
surge of mysterious feeling.
I have been at the birth of
moments where the urge to cry

out in a blaze of ecstasy inflames
all senses equally and there are
dolorous times neither few nor
far between when I have died
the mean and unpleasant
literary death – literally.

That I rise from the charred and
stinking corpse of yesterday’s
defeat spun fresh and ethereal
woven in the air of dreams is
small wonder. I am the phoenix
of my imaginings.
© 24 May 2007, I.D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment