11 June 2007

Pop-Up Ads And Hover Commercials

OMG, I’m seeing double standards;
Celine Charcoal gets to f**k for free
while I amend the naughty words
and take a gentle smacking. I know

I should have kept my damn fool
fingers off the keys; by telling them
(PH Management) a crude attempt
at censorship was worse than what

they deign suppress – I guess I drew
the cystic force of their outrage. It
cost me fourteen poems blocked
from public view, poetry that’s free

for all to read within domains whose
policy is less repressed than here.
Well, one of those is mine where I
express those sentiments in ways

akin to my own formal censorship,
so it doesn’t count for much except it
isn’t driven by pop-up ads and hover
commercials for shit you never read.
© 1 June 2007, I.D. Carswell

2 comments:

  1. 'akin to my own formal censorship,
    so it doesn’t count for much except it
    isn’t driven by pop-up ads and hover
    commercials for shit you never read.'


    Very Good, Love it..

    Best wishes,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, the poem was originally published on Poem Hunter where there has been an insidious move into an overt commercial orientation - plus active encouragement to seek more visitors to the site. Consequently the site managers instituted an embargo on two words - f.ck & c.nt - spelled exactly like that in the warnings advising their banning. There was a plethora of poetic protests, this poem was just one of them: http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/pop-up-ads-and-hover-commercials/

    Kindest regards, Ivan

    ReplyDelete