17 June 2007

Santana Playing In My Ears

Santana playing in my ears – infinity of
thoughtful silences expressed in music
dressed with liquid care to ooze through
barriers; rhythm’s cachet beat impressed
with voices misting through a central
theme, a raw and wailing chord shrieks
warning.

Times I found a solace in the sounds
respite, from noises in the street, the
pound of harried feet, whispered
voices echoed loud, daunting voices
shrouded in a past I never shared, of
vagrant memories, disembodied faces
shouting.

Carlos eases agonies, plays his poetry
of soulful joy, soothing voices croon the
rhythmic tunes I wear to set me free; I
read the lines that sear the blinding air
with light – lines that ring with clarity, it’s
there within this warming sphere I sing
the words and dare to write.
© 6 June 2007, I.D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment