23 October 2007

Tilt Our World


I’ve been accused of many things in life –
to some I am a villain, others a villein.

To top the lot I am a shamefully execrable idiot,
which is not, I hasten to add, my favoured view

of me. But someone I care for gave me the
title so I wear it with an impartial sense of duty.

Believe me, it is not easy being a fully-fledged,
practising, idiot-at-large. Roadsides are littered

with the remains of those who failed – as if we
need reminding! Life expectancy of an idiot is

an ephemeral idea to be stirred, not shaken –
nor imbibed unless safely seated at the time.

Consuming two idiot by-products consecutively
is potentially injurous to the health so take care!

I know these things from a lifetime’s experience.
But did you know that when two idiots agree

the earth-shattering consequences tilt our World...
© 17 October 2007, I. D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment