28 January 2008

Been Staring At This Page


Been staring at this page an age,
went away hoping, miraculously,
it would fill with words that pleased;
it didn’t. Expected reprieve, a single line
would have been fair compensation for
honest intent but even that didn’t event.

With more distractions to contend with
than the mind can screen I am blanketed
with a malaise that sends said mind off
a-wandering. It seems that it is saying I
shouldn’t be writing today – why? Well,
I wouldn’t know that if I didn’t try...
© 26 December 2007, I. D. Carswell

3 comments:

  1. been there many a times. the words will come when you least expect them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you still at a loss for the words?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not picture you waiting for words to materialize,Ivan! Greetings.

    ReplyDelete