29 October 2008

What Is Yet To Come






















I prefer to write
than read poetry
enlightenment is rare
time spent wondering what
was meant is energy wasted
sensitivity dissipated 


it’s not about lacking empathy
I care to read but I’m rarely able
to grasp those cryptic terms
expressing things I wouldn’t
have said that way
anyway 


I imagine you listening
– a quizzical look, nodding
occasionally and drifting
visibly between lines, your eyes
lost to intangible distances
and I despair it is me 


we have to reconnect
to where we were somehow
to know it is right I need
to feel a jolt of return energy
that a circuit is complete
but I cannot find it there 


I must hear the inner voice
vocalising wonderment of birth
in each new word’s creation
relaxing and flowing into a verse
listening with a sixth sense tuned
to what is yet to come
© 3 August 2008, I. D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment