19 November 2008

Cynicism

Around Minn Donkey rescue

it is easier to be cynical
certainly less effort is
expended than trying to 

make others properly aware

it is a first-hand concern
expressed - so to speak -
second-hand - and 

tongue-in-cheek

but when you care enough
to recognise it as cynicism
I am deflated easily
by your subsequent censure


since this is where the
rubber meets the road
of my delusory
contemplation


the burnout is of so little effort
for such a huge smokescreen 

and all that energy dissipated
still takes me nowhere
© 12 August 2008, I. D. Carswell

3 comments:

  1. You know Ivan, it never occured to me to look at things that way. It does now. And that's what good writing does to a person.

    (the picture is crazy by the way!)

    Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:37 pm

    why is the donkey in the hole? get him out o there. sexual innuendo's galore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it is an 'ass' in nine places? Or perhaps the innuendo involved is a form of 'asshole' cynicism ... Really, I dunno, but you have to admit it IS eye-catching

      Delete