31 December 2008

The Silent Treatment (rev)

320px-SMirC-silent.svg[1]
I’ll have to have it out with
the mysterious, supreme being –
he causes me trouble needlessly


I am not kidding when I say
we have the same job; but
honestly I’m not looking for his


I’d rather be gainfully unemployed
free of Worldly cares, and I don’t
believe I could do it better anyway 


my major gripe is he still leaves the big
decisions to me. Like defining where
I stand on moral grounds


no shit, it happens
every day
it’s happening right now


instead of saying,
“Do this, or that,”
I get the silent treatment


I suppose the message is –
think for yourself
so now I do it without thinking 


like I’ve done it all my life  – or at least since
my mother let me


come to think of it –
maybe she’s the one
I should be talking to…
© 2006, I.D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment