28 January 2009

Joining

the-beguiling-2

hey, I’m new (...to this shit)
what’s the deal with
compliments?

don’t get me wrong, had ‘em before
(alright, implied...)
blew it, returned favours too eagerly –

rumour has it I told all the
wrong people
they were cool

then this well-meaning dude
explained patiently; nah, 
you don’t do it that way!

you wait for the
right people
invite you join and then you play it sweet

okay, so I’m waiting,
dubiously; WTF’s
this site like anyway – Facebook?
© 15 September 2008, I. D. Carswell

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:57 pm

    Neat picture. Her face is very alluring and beautiful despite the tentacles.

    The poem ... ah what can I say ... it's the bestest, greatest, superest poem I ever did read. ah ... sort of ...

    No seriously, I love the picture. Where did it come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, it is a painting by James McPartlin:

    The Beguiling

    http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/list.pl?gallery=4731

    ReplyDelete