15 October 2011

Multifocals

im_4

Regrettable symptoms
of presbyopia are in the
materialization of pricey
multifocal glasses

Sure, you’re seeing more,
or is that euphemistic for
what you didn’t see before
copping the torrid expense

It probably didn’t matter
that much back then but
now you can’t miss any
precocious opportunity

Sleeping with the damn
things hasn’t enhanced
repose better so far, at
least by my reckoning

‘tho finding these clearly
gifted appurtenances of
a morning is appraised
that much more easily
©13 May 2011, I. D. Carswell

1 comment:

  1. :-)

    I can relate to this, except that I was thrilled at my last eye doctor visit: You can just buy readers. So much for expense! I swear I have a collection of readers providing me a different pair every day of the week, for less than the cost of one prescription pair.

    Great language here, and I appreciate the different ways of seeing.

    ReplyDelete