06 February 2012

Reference Points

sign-board-thumb

Giving up on what is left in fact is
perilous – signs do not connect the
path from nowhere back to here

Senses less coherent are dismayed
into despondency as assents of all
pallid claims there is no other way

Defence of whipping-boy anomalies
for truancy defrocked commenced
when cogency began to decohere

And so the deconstruction of your
centre means that what you see in
loneliness is surely what you’ll gain

Tho’ abjured by reference points
retaining currency beyond the debt –
likely then at least you’ll be okay
© 6 July 2011, I. D. Carswell

2 comments:

  1. If I saw a sign like that, I'd figure it was as good a time as any to head into my chrysalis -- and hope for better when I reemerged with wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I like the notion of higher evolution - well higher in the sense you can soar above the damn things blocking the way! Tx Matt

    ReplyDelete