21 February 2011

Artlessness

01-painting-picasso
I think I know how
you read literal intent
into opaque reflections
meant figuratively

agreed there’s no
room to set time by
untailored innuendo
in real expectations

naiveté comes at a price
defined by what it takes
to recreate an ancient
status quo of peace

whereas a breach
of etiquette conveys
hypothetical insensitivities
imagined free range

but in the making and
the breaking of unanimity
there is ample room
for daring compromise

eyes wet with blinding
tears disguise what wise
reflections won’t incline
and never can conceal
© 23 November 2010, I. D. Carswell

1 comment:

  1. You have a way with words that makes me want to keep reading. I don't have the time to read everything that I want. Still, I'll keep trying. I like this one a lot.

    ReplyDelete