05 June 2012

Diffident Dependency




Writing poetry in open air and under the
grateful shade of a market stall gazebo on
Sunday AM makes restraint of occupational
entertainment mellow to new heights


But there’s no end of captivating sights
to rivet attention – and no complaints in
passers-by providing visceral stimulation


Ok, some are rare, a few seem tragically
bizarre enough yet are here invested as
plane fare in royally entertaining me...


I’d like to say thanks, as the sovereign in
her regal highness might self-articulate,
but the word seizes in an impression of
mutual and diffident dependency
© 13 November 2011, I. D. Carswell

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:44 am

    Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this web site before but after looking
    at some of the articles I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely delighted I discovered it and I’ll be
    bookmarking it and checking back regularly!
    Here is my site chesssets.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most definitely welcome!

    ReplyDelete