22 October 2015

A Week Away


I don’t blame myself for being spaced slightly 
short of ‘full-blown’ confident, but the thought 
my team The Hurricanes can blaze a path of 
glory tonight is wasted on me, they are of an 
enigmatic genre who’ve played ‘dramatically’ 
even when losing - but being top of the tree - 
well, it’d be nice to whip a Waratah fricassee 
next week; not that anyone eats that cheap 

But I have to say, it isn’t my parlance; this is 
a new penchant for my ‘winning’ old family - 
Wellington isn’t renowned for nailing coffins 
like our adversaries do - I’m ho hum a bit or 
more accurately, redressing what it’ll mean 
if we win the bloody championship 

But, okay, that rests with The Brumbies 
© 27 June 2015, I. D. Carswell

Brumbies & Hurricanes about to play off 
for a spot in the 2015 Super 15 Finals 

In the event, Hurricanes 29 - Brumbies 9,  
Waratahs 17 - Highlanders 35 

It will be an all NZ Wellington Final, 
Hurricanes v Highlanders

No comments:

Post a Comment