22 March 2016

Symphony

(Painting by: Marc-Aurèle de Foy Suzor-Coté)

Wasn’t erotically persuaded into making waves 
float you my way - I said I’d dine in the dell of it, 
was true enough - you were there too - whether 
a sensualist or an epicure isn’t in dispute & you 
need not query that supposition - but then its a 
woman’s way’ isn’t it, to bathe for an age in the 
moment of glory, softly inhaling pathways back 
where congruity begins its polarity of oneness 

I agree and share those feelings too but where 
you smile discretely musing in silence, with me 
this is a magnificently sensual symphony - & it 
demands honesty in my orchestration, so I am, 
while harmonising with sybaritic resonance, an 
evocation of your magnanimous infusion 
© 8 November 2015, I. D. Carswell

No comments:

Post a Comment